Thursday, November 21, 2013

Catching Fire Premiere

The seats in theatre 4 slowly began filling right before six o'clock. At 7:30, the pre-preview advertisements began to excited gasps around the room. When the lights dimmed at 8 pm, people squealed. After watching the previews, the crowd hushed as the lights offed.
The games began.
On November 21 at 8 pm, the premiere of Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games was released. Catching Fire follows the story of Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark as they enter the arena for the second time, for the 75th Hunger Games. The twist is that in this Hunger Games, the only competitors in the arena were also former victors.

Yup, I've still got it. #FormerHighSchoolJournalist
Now, on to the more interesting stuff.

Finally, the night we've all been waiting for. It's Catching Fire! I got tickets with my sister and her friends to go to the #eightpmshowing. I was upset at first about the time, because really, where's the excitement in going to a premiere at a normal movie time? I wanted to go at midnight.

IT'S TIME!!
I got to the theatre around 6:30 after finishing a swell workout at the box. I made a new hanging power snatch PR! After stretching out to waste time before heading to the show, I embraced the cold and ran as fast as I could to the warmth of my car.

The theatre wasn't really that bad. It was an awful lot worse for the Harry Potter films and even The Hunger Games a year and a half ago. I didn't have to wait in any lines even for snacks!

My sister and thirty of her closest friends had saved a load of seats, so I walked in and sat right down. Other than the parent chaperones, I think I was the oldest one there. Everyone was in high school and I'm like, "Hey, I'm in college."

Then I had a moment of weakness.

This was dinner. I don't regret it in the slightest.
I bought a big popcorn. I don't even care. It was a special occasion. After munching down on the semi-fresh fluffy, buttery goodness, it was selfie time.

Me and sister Kacie. I'm more excited than she is.
Me and friend Peyton. She thinks she's cooler than she actually is. Look at that duck face!
#swaggy
She dressed as Katniss, like she did for Halloween, just without the bow. 
I came straight from the gym and my head looks a bit weird, but group picture with some of my sister's friends!
Possible spoilers follow, but I don't believe in spoilers because if it's a book, you should have read it before seeing the movie and therefore should already know everything

When the pre-previews started, everyone gasped, even the adults. The First Looks were even that great. The actual previews were where it's at. 

Divergent was the first one! That is my new favourite (idk why I put the 'u,' but I'm leaving it) series. I'm furious that Veronica Roth was in Dallas signing last month and I didn't know about it. The preview was fantastic. There really weren't many trailers, maybe just three?

The movie started and everyone was silent.

Oh my gosh. The movie was fantastic. I didn't think a book-to-movie could beat The Hunger Games, but Catching Fire did just that. Everything was spot on. People jumped at the monkeys and I cried when Mags sacrificed herself. "Tick tock" gave me chills the whole scene. At the very end, I think the whole theatre heard my dad yell "He's in on it?!"

When the Mockingjay flashed at the end of the movie, cries of "I can't even!" and "My feels!" filled the auditorium.

Overall, I give it an 11/10. 

We waited until the end of the credits, but to our dismay, there was no extra scene.

Peyton is distraught that the movie ended at the end.
 Afterwards, Kacie, Peyton and I crammed in my parents car to be driven to our cars all the way across the parking lot. That calls for another selfie, but only Daryl and I were ready.

Sister Daryl took the photo. She's a much more skilled selfie taker than I am
I'm planning on seeing the movie again, but I don't know when. It was just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment