Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Officially Official!

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS

In 608 days, I'm going back to Europe! I'll be going with one of my former high school teachers on an EF tour that she's leading.

It is an 13 day trip and it'll go to Berlin, Prague, and the Alps, as well as Paris.

I know I said I didn't really like Paris, but there is no way I'm letting a minor dislike of a city keep my from Europe. At least I won't have to go to Versailles again! It was gorgeous, but not gorgeous enough to go back. That is, unless I went and just explored the gardens. I'd do that. I don't want to see the palace again though.

I'm really excited because a lot of the activities involve WWII, so it's almost a supplement to the class I took in London. I don't know how much I'll remember in two years, but still, it'll be great!

This is our map. The numbers are how many days we're spending in the city. My group is doing the Paris extension, so from Lucerne, instead of going to Zurich, we go on to Paris.
I am definitely most excited about seeing Dresden. We learnt about how it was bombed at the end of the war in my class and I wanted to see it so badly. I will also get to see the 1st concentration camp, Dachau.

This is literally the only hunk of notes I have on Dresden, so we didn't talk about it much. It was enough to make me desperately want to visit though.
It'll be weird having a strict schedule as opposed to being almost completely free to do whatever, but I prefer black and white. I'd rather know exactly where I have to be when.

In Paris, so often it was,
"Well, do you want to do xyz?" 
"It doesn't matter." 
"It doesn't matter to me either." 

I'd rather be told what I'll be doing instead of having to figure it out myself. That way, there's also no fear that whoever your traveling with really does care but doesn't want to say they do. There isn't a choice when it's a tour. That's nice, because I don't like to make decisions.

I just want to be there now. I don't want to wait! At least I have several things to look forward to to pass the time until this though. I have a family cruise, Passion Houston, and spring break.

Passion will be amazing though. It's in February and might be the first time it's been in Houston. Usually it's only in Atlanta. It's put on by Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin (people who I saw at Hillsong Conf in London.) Francis Chan, Kristian Stanfill, David Crowder, Matt Redman, and Hillsong will be there as well. I think Passion will be the highlight of 2014 and Europe, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment