Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Highclere Castle and 148 days

So, this post starts out semi-depressing, but I promise it gets better.

Highclere Castle, the location of the popular British soap opera: Downton Abbey
In my first blog post, I said how much I wanted to visit Highclere Castle, otherwise known as Downton Abbey. Tickets for the summer weren't yet on sale, so every couple days, I checked to see if they were up. We were only going to be able to go on a Sunday because we have classes each time they're opened.

They went on sale at the beginning of February.

I checked yesterday.

Every single Sunday was sold out.

Awesome.

I wanted to cry.
But I kept looking.

I realized that the day the mini break starts could possibly work.

I spoke with my Highclere buddy and we agreed that we both wanted to go badly enough that missing part of Paris was worth it.

For £9.50, or approximately $15 each, myself and my Highclere buddy booked our tickets for the gardens and the castle.

My confirmation ticket for Highclere Castle!

The easy part is done.

Now, the waiting begins.

And after that, the trying to find out how to get there. I don't think I'm good with maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment